I am on a bit of a downer at the minute whereby I feel I am failing or under-performing at most things I need to be doing. I am finding everything hard and am not sure if it is the weather, tiredness, apathy or too much on my plate. I know that once the Marathon walk is over along with Buster’s birthday present I will be a lot happier and hopefully able to focus on other things instead.
But in order to give myself a bit of a boost I am going to post things I do well or am proud of and rather than a blowing my own trumpet post I hope this will be an affirmation for myself that even when things are rough they aren’t always as bad as they seem.
- I am loyal
- I care deeply about others
- I love my family warts and all
- I try
- I fail but accept where I have failed
- I keep persevering
- I am trustworthy
- I like to help others (not doing housework though)
- I am contributing to my children having a loving family to grow up in
- I am giving my husband space to decide what he wants to do in the future as a career
- I am living on a lot less money and managing (see point above)
- I try to step outside my comfort zone to make memories with my children
- I am me and although not perfect I’m not that bad
If you feel the same let me know what you do well and see if we can start to brighten up the under-performing mum’s club #upm